Plexiglas Tube

Sorry gents got the spec wrong. I need 100mm clear plastic tube to make a Stirling Engine. Say 6mm wall thickness. The exact size is not critical. TIA John.

Reply to
john maundrell

The best way to get that is to buy one of those column lamps with plastic fish and bubbles in in a market, but the wall thickness will be about 3mm, if that's enough.

I'd like - no, actually I'd hate - to be proven wrong though. I'd been looking for suchlike for a long while, and gave up and bought a lamp (broken, and cheap, but ...).

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Have you tried a 'Makrolon' stockist like Amari Plastics?

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email Address: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web Pages for Engine Preservation:

Peter A Forbes

I am proved wrong, but that's such a useful site that I'm actually rather pleased. Thanks.

While we're on a roll, you don't happen to know of a supplier of expanded polypropylene foam, by any chance?

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Recently used Atlas Plastics for some large 10mm thick Cast Acrylic Sheets, excellent service.

Neil Rothwell