Pozi or finger?

Hi all, I`m in a dilemma. I cant decide what sort of chucking system to buy for the mill on my Chester super B. I`ve seen the MT3 Pozi-lock system with the screwed collets for about =A370 or a set of MT3 finger collets for about =A355. Any advise would be appreciated. Pete

Reply to
pete

I would say it depends more on how much room you have beneath the spindle.

You won't be takng really big hogging cuts on this machine, so you don't really need the benefit of a pozi lock system. The finger collets would give you more room. On the other hand I'm a fan of ER collets but these would still lose you some height.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Thanks Pete.