Quiet

Peter A Forbes wrote:

border1.nntp.ams.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!newsfeed.gamma.ru!Gamma.RU!nntp1.phx1.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!212.67.96.135!213.78.28.45
Try this explanation:
http://www.livinginternet.com/u/ua_prev.htm
Pete Harrison
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:13:59 -0700 (PDT), mark

I set my reader to 'no archive' in a moment of paranoia several years ago, never changed it since. It's a bit futile really, especially as RCGroups (spit***) don't honour the instruction, and now it appears that Google groups has shortened the period before they delete stuff (I think it used to be 30 days) so that messages can disappear while threads are still current.
Tim