Quiet....!

Have we had a death in the family? --

Chris Edwards

easier way!"

What's the matter Chris, people not talking to you

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Shhhush, don't make too much noise, down here in Wales things are very quiet - I think something went wrong with the Rugby? I'm not allowed to comment as my team won and I don't feel much like providing sympathy so I've opened a quiet bottle of wine! I couldn't find any that cheered when opened.

Keith (An Englishman Abroad)

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Was it something I said? --

Chris Edwards

Send it over here, I'll show you! O}} --

Chris Edwards

Over here in Rugby, something's gone wrong with the Wales. But don't tell them I said that :-)

Reply to
Mark Rand

Quiet here as well, Gert's sulking

She decided that after all the building work and patching drains, extensions etc the back yard and path was looking a little sorry for itself what with different levels and puddles when it rained.

A perusal through some books and she decided it needed paving.

So I ordered a bit of paving..................

Now she's got a monk on because an artic arrived with 30 tonnes of paving and splattered 40 pallets all the way down the pavement, each pallet does 9 square metre's.

Poor old fork lift had the flat battery sulks after 18 pallets so had to go and pinch the local car repairers one. Now I'm accused that the drive looks like a builders merchants .....................

.
Reply to
John Stevenson

Something wrong with their pool play? Out of their depth? :-)

Reply to
Tom

360 m² of hard standing? The mind boggles with what "good" use that could be put to? :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Apparently I was *told* we needed 36 sq m........... so I got a zero mixed up, surely that's not all the world ???

Reply to
John Stevenson

I checked all my tools. All OK, nothing to worry.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Yeah, right. :-)

Reply to
Tom

But is that vaccum still there Nick or has it been nicked ?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Been playing Woodwork lately building ash framing for old car bodywork. Quite satisfying and will keep me busy for a couple of months. I need to retry steam bending this morning since Mrs P is out for the day and the kitchen can be raided. Not too sucessful last time since the rigid plastic drainpipe used as a steam chamber turned to liquorice under the influence of hot steam. Now replaced with steel pipe. If this works I'll search out one of those single electric rings so that I can do it in the workshop without having lookouts at the gates.

Also started thinking about some of the metalwork patching issues and will need a small wheeling machine to make patch pieces. Had the bizarre idea of making a pair of wheels that will bolt to the table and overarm of the trusty horzontal mill. Any comments on this piece of lateral thinking or other aspects of wheeling appreciated.

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Yes. I disassembled it again and moved the cylinder a bit around. Now it is working much better. I get a reading of 25mbar, but the water is boiling according to the dial at 50mbar (that should be 20mbar). So maybe it is making -5mbar absolute. :-)

Would need better means to measure to know that for sure.

Now I'm also sure that I could almost get the initial performance by honing/lapping the cylinder and such. But I did not yet decide to build a CO2-laser, now that I could. :-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Winter is coming on soon, I suspect everyone is out in their shops before the weather turns for the worst.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

My lathe is still a bit sick but the prognosis is very good ;)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

"I have about £1500 to spend on a small lathe. Can anybody advise if I should buy old *quality* iron or a new Chinese import..?"

(That should do it....!)

--

Chris Edwards

Who threw that?

Come on - own up! Stevenson, Mawson, Neil, Martin......see me after class. --

Chris Edwards

Buy old *quality* Chinese Import

Reply to
John Stevenson