Quiet....!

My team won too and I've run out of fingernails and whisky! and to cheer up your Welsh friends - the Welsh team won the European Mixed Curling Championships in Madrid.

Reply to
Sandy Morton

I'm not surprised, they make my hair curl (and I haven't got any!) with some of the things that go on down here.

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Dear Doctor

My wife thinks I'm a sad person who spends far too much time at his computer - I tell her that I have a secret circle of friends who discuss complicated detailed technical matters *way* beyond her level of comprehension and any strange images she may find on my machine, especially those which *seem* to be of young ladies in artistic poses, are really drawings of a new engine which we have collectively designed and cunningly disguised to protect the patent.

Am I rambling? Should I change my friends? Should I change my wife? Would getting out more often help?

Is there a cure?

Yes, the same time next week will be fine.......

--

Chris Edwards

Good idea.

Get out more, take up rambling and give your wife to your friends, that should fix things ...............NEXT...........

.
Reply to
John Stevenson

!" =20

I'm far too young to join this discussion but I have been thinking about that =A31500 you have to spend. Just happens I have some old (very) British Empire quality iron, XL something or other. Yes it has a slight crack in the headstock casting but you can still see where the feed nut threads used to be and the fourteen coats of Hammerite are very decorative. It has a few gears that I think were hand cut or at least the repairs were and I think I might just be able to get it under your limit.

You won't need a doctor when the better half sees what you have spent the money on - instant cure.

Keith (ever hopeful)

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Last steam bending I did I used a special offer wall paper stripper from B&Q, generates loads of steam. Cast Iron down spout makes a good chamber, though I did use plastic pipe (the orange underground stuff) successfully, though it did soften.

Reply to
Steve W

Funny you should say that. I bought a brand "new" Vertex machine vice the other day. All tightly packed in a neat dust free, plastic strapped, cardboard box, internally the vice was plastic bagged and slathered in oil together with an instruction sheet in chinglish and a QA cert signed by "Jack Huang" (presumably OneHung Lo was on holiday)

The QA inspection certificate was rubber stamped with the date, the

31st July......1996

Brings a whole new meaning to aged castings.

Reply to
Mike

In message , Mike writes

New Old Stock perhaps ????????????

Reply to
Mike

He is a busy boy that Jack Huang, he also "signed" the inspection certificate for my "Taiwanese" made Vertex collet set. I feel a bit short changed though as he didn't bother to date mine? Still perhaps they have worn out the new rubber date stamp and gone back to an earlier version, I don't suppose they can afford a new stamp every decade!!!! To be honest I put the same value on these certificates as I do on the individual test reports that come with some machines, I certainly wouldn't pay extra for them.

Regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk