Quotient Mistress - making your own

Far from irrelevant. I have several customers now that need to use their DivisionMaster controller to drive multiple tables/dividing heads. They want to be able to store several sets of config values precisely so that they don't have to scratch around setting the controller parameters for different speeds/drive ratios/motor current settings whenever they move to a different device. And as it happens, most of the ones that want that feature are hobbyists. So that capability will go into the next version of the firmware.

Regards, T>Sales blurb. Irrelevant. Rarely is the hobbyist doing

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Far from it. If people wish to roll their own, that is entirely up to them. I have no fear whatsoever that my sales figures will be affected by such activity; people that want to do so, and are capable of assembling the tools/knowledge/equipment/time to do so, would be highly unlikely to become customers of DivisionMaster anyway. More power to their collective elbows.

However, it is important not to mislead such people into believing that all there is to it is to buy a couple of kits & get going with a soldering iron - there's just a tad more to it than that.

Regards, T>What you are stating appears to be a scare tactic

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

You're right - I didn't. However, the point remains that the fact that you build something yourself doesn't absolve you from the requirement not to generate interference that would affect your neighbour's electronic equipment.

Regards, T>Not at all. There is no requirement for the hobbyist to

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

That makes sense Tony, the hobbyist will be limited to one controller supplying needs to 1 to 4? applications. I swap between two. If my big Hoffman was in regular full time use as opposed to probably being used 3 to 4 times week I would get one dedicated just for this. Most times it's on the Hoffman and gets onto the Vertex about once a month.

After all payback in industry on a LOW cost article such as the division master, and we are talking industry here where the cost wouldn't even merit having to make a joint decision or get clearance from accounts, would be measured in hours.

A typical meeting cost for two managers and two operators over such as this would take an hour? That cost alone to a company could be between £150 to £250. As an example the last job I worked at as a manager I had a £1,000 limit on sundry spending before I had to get approval, in practice I could go to £2,000 then tell my superior. Above 2k and we had to have a meeting.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Your reply seems to be a non-sequitur to the subject of EMC testing. What was that you were spouting about changing the subject?

As to soldering irons, I never mentioned them. What with such a Straw Man, equivocation, non-sequiturs and a raft of childish outbursts you're not doing so well on the debating front, OM.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

So what you're saying is that you admit that your scare tactic about EMC testing was a red herring? What was that you were saying about people changing the subject?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

And therefore unnecessarily overpowered, as it happens. The application that you were selling for did not need high powered motors.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

But that is not the context of this NG, this discussion and neither was it the context of Donnington where you were selling based upon clock-wheel cutting in a light-duty rig.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Loads of hobbyists each with several dividing heads and rotary tables?

Yeah, right.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Unless they were telling me lies, yeah, absolutely right.

Regards, T>Loads of hobbyists each with several dividing heads

Reply to
Tony Jeffree