Rapidor Hacksaw blade length

I've forgotten to measure the hacksaw blade length on the Rapidor two days in a row, and want to get some today. Does anyone know the standard lengths that they will take? (I'm at work today and tomorrow)

RS have got 12", 14", 16" and 18". I think it is 18" but would like a nudge in the right direction.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

OK, thanks to Roland who offered 16" for his own saw blade length, but mine was 14" after flashing the ruler at it. Didn't look to see if a

16" would fit, but the next problem is that RS sell blades with larger pin holes than my saw has for blade retention.

Anyone got any 14" blades with 0.277" pin holes in? RS only sell Starrett blades, so I may be able to get them from a local tool shop.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

I use eclipse blades[or kennedy] with larger holes than the pins in my rapidor. I don't know the pin size but they look like turned down grub screws and .277 is a possibility. I don't have any problem with the pins being smaller than the holes.

-- richard

Reply to
richard

I wondered why the change in hole size? The Eclipse blades that are in it and spare are both the smaller hole size.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Last year I picked up a whole pile of (too long) machine hacksaw blades at a boot fair. Cut them to length using an angle grinder, ground the radius on the end with the bench grinder, and cut the hole for mounting by sinking a thin walled copper tube through them with my EDM spark erroder - worked a treat. Now visitors to the workshop have to identify the asprin like blue painted 'pills' left lying arround the die sinker - not many do

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson