Seance Time

Is there anybody there?
One knock for yes, two knocks for no.
(This NG is as quiet as the grave.)

"gareth" wrote in message

Still lurking and tossing in the odd comment Gareth so no you are not alone !!
AWEM
message

There is negligible actual hobby metalworking content in the otherwise very noisy rec.crafts.metalworking.
jsw
Jim Wilkins wrote:

All done by earmuffs and sound-cancelling.
--
Old Nick

Knock. Knock. Knock.

So are you a Statesman?
(A dead politician.) Lord knows we need more statesmen.

If I was you couldn't seriously expect me to commit to a definitive answer <g>

I'm afraid usenet is something of a dying art; most newcomers seem to go no further than web forums. Some of these can be OK - they do have the advantage of posting pictures I suppose - but many of them are decidedly clunky and sometimes over-moderated. Those of us brought up on the sometimes anarchic freedom of usenet may regret it, but the only thing we can do to remedy it is to keep using it!
David
--
David Littlewood

On 06/24/12 16:18, David Littlewood wrote:

This group is like an oasis of calm compared to some of the other groups, which may be a good thing, seances aside :-)...
Regards,
Chris
writes

As evidenced by the gradual shutting-down of Usenet servers by ISPs, including X-Privat of late (although that one wasn't ISP based)
gareth ...Those of us

The print media on this side is/are? losing the ability to write, as evidenced by Yahoo News. On your side do the kids still learn to write, or just look at pictures?
jsw
gareth wrote:

Indeed: Zetnet had news servers, and it only required a group to be requested, and it could appear within minutes.
Alas, Zetnet has and all it stood for been pretty-well obliterated.
--
Old Nick

message

No sex please. We're British <g>