Bulk model Railway Axle Requirement

I'm looking for someone who might give me a quote to supply 1000 axles for S scale rolling stock wheels for the S Scale Model Railway Society. The axles will be of 2mm diameter steel, 30.5mm long with

60 degree pinpoint ends. Our traditional supplier is now being quoted 10,000 for a minimum order and there is no way that we could ever use this number of axles, so we are looking for possible suppliers for the much lower number of 1000. We would also be looking for axles of the same diameter with reduced diameter parallel journals of 1mm diameter at each end. However we haven't arrived at specs for these axles as yet, but the length would be about the same and the length of the journals would be about 2mm. It would be preferable if we could get a quote for, say, 700 pin point and 300 parallel journal axles.

Jim Guthrie SSMRS Committee

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Might be worth giving Qualiturn at Hertford a call.

Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob,

Many thanks for the pointer. I'll see what they say.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Reply to