Slideway Grinding

Somebody was recently asking for information about who might grind the ways on his milling machine. The current edition of Model Engineer has the following displayed ad :

"Turn your wornout slideways back to the original limits, of accuracy or better, guaranteed.

Contact Brian Caddy on 07775 683 363 Unit 12 Aston Road Nuneaton Warks CV 11 5EL"

If you follow it up, let the rest of us know how you get on. --

Chris Edwards

Sounds Like the UniSlide company I mentioned a few days ago. They do seem to know what they are talking about, but i've never seen any of their work.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

that was me

I give him a ring next week

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

I've seen his work and it looked very good. It wasn't a large slide though.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

For what it's worth I called Curtis Machine Tools and they quoted £270 for regrinding the bed alone of a 5 1/2" lathe. Don't think that I need it done but I was curious and they're near me

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping