Small vibratory machine

English, obviously not your first language.

Reply to
Tom

A table for sale, by a lady, with a broken leg.

Reply to
Mike Whittome

:-)

Reply to
Tom

Unlike most in this country, English is my first language. I also know that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, so take note. Whilst this newsgroup has some clever and informative people, along with interesting topics, it is very annoying when the armchair brigade find it difficult to answer anything with any sense, and prefer to pick holes in a simple question. So many times I see posts that ask daft questions, "I have a bolt that's BSW, do you think it will fit XXX" To that I always think, try the bloody thing and see for yourself. Maybe I should lower myself and join in and make fun like so many like to do here. I have helped people in the past who have asked questions, even given items they require, that I have, for free, shipping them abroad. I run an engineering business, and work for a local college with their Engineering students. Many of the students talk and write in mobile Text Talk, how would you cope with that? Or would you wait until a lad set up a 4 axis CNC mill and then pick holes in his haircut ! My CNC Mill setter is Columbian. He is brilliant, polite, and very hard working. He may pronounce the odd word wrong, but I don't pick holes in his conversation, he knows what he's doing, and proves it every day.

Reply to
Emimec

Tom Looking back at your previous posts, I see nothing other than sarcastic replies. Why not join a failed comedian newsgroup instead of clogging this one up.

Reply to
Emimec

............... Long self-serving diatribe cut. Bob, admit it, you cocked up and but won't admit it.

Reply to
Tom

Only if you go to a remedial English composition newsgroup. :-)

Reply to
Tom

from Tom

. . . . and you have the affront to criticize others use of English!

JG

Reply to
JG

I can think of many English words to describe you and your comments.......... none of which I will use on this group. I did c*ck up, I posted on this group ! How far past retirement are you?

Reply to
Emimec
.

I note that someone did once say ................

"Any one got a small vibratory machine for deburring they want shot off ?"

a while later they also pronounced .............

"Unlike most in this country, English is my first language."

then posed the question .........

"How far past retirement are you?"

I fear that this thread is pursuing a racist and ageist direction. What a great shame.

Reply to
Mike Whittome

I agree, it was in reply to some idiot that preferred to criticise the composition of the post rather that keep quiet or answer the request. Subject closed now bob

Reply to
Emimec

On 6 Jan, 10:41, "Emimec" wrote

Bob,just ignore the prat.If you look at his posts on various Google groups you will realise that he has nothing of substance he wants to offer.He never offers advice,help or encouragement,prefering instead to denigrate and nitpick.

Mark.

Reply to
mark

On or around Sat, 05 Jan 2008 23:27:42 -0500, Tom enlightened us thusly:

"Eats, shoots and leaves"

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 6 Jan 2008 09:32:58 -0000, "Emimec" enlightened us thusly:

I think that's what the anglers refer to as a "bite".

lighten up a bit, FGS. It was a joke, and I read it like that too. But then I read the shedde, so that was only to be expected.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Happy New Year everyone, this is the third forum where I've seen some evidence of "post holiday sensitivity" (sorry to the PC brigade my comment does assume some participation in the recent round of winter celebrations). Good job I haven't really much time to join in such "interesting" exchanges but as I said Happy New Year to all. Feel free to "correct" my comment as necessary as I haven't the time or inclination to read or answer so it is open season for those who feel inspired buy my pour english, bad spelling and even worse taste in jokes.

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Now, now girls, put your handbags away. Why not kiss and make up so everyone goes home happy.

Reply to
Brad.

What - and spoil the spectator sport?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

JAPP

Reply to
Tom

LOL, Somehow, I hardly feel you're in a position to offer criticism!. But thanks for pointing out my boo boo. I'm shattered, perhaps its all this criticism from Bob, that's getting to me.

Reply to
Tom

Unfortunately, your use of 'and' and 'but' in immediate proximity is not your only boo boo in this thread; viz.

"Remember newsgroups are conversational by nature, the only difference you get to review what you say before you say it."

Missing the 'is' between 'difference' and 'you'

"You're implying there is another period after retirement or what?

Reversing the first two words and then abreviating them.

Even the three lines you added to have three glaring errors :

In correct English, 'criticism' ends 'zm' (two errors) and you omitted the apostophy from your concatination of 'it is'.

I would not normally even consider pointing out these errors if your general attitude were more congenial.

JG

Reply to
JG