Spabo face mills?

Anyone heard of Spabo brand face mills?

I got three different sizes of these in a job lot of cutters recently, they use a square insert on edge. The insert is held in place with what looks remarkably like a bent nail through the centre of the insert, tightened with a grub screw. The cutters are short of a number of these 'bent nails', I'd like to find a source for them. Alternatively, find someone who would like to trade beer vouchers for the cutters as I don't have an immediate need for them. Biggest is about 6" dia. I can put some pics up tomorrow.

Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

I think I've found the answer myself afer much googling & ebay searching, it appears the design or company was taken over by Kennametal.

Recommended for Aluminium, I don't use much Ali & they're a bit big for me (125 & 160mm dia) so unless anyone here can use them I'll bung them on ebay. There's a smaller one that I'll possibly keep. Pins are available from J&L

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech