Startrite Mercury MkII belt size?

I've just about finished refurbishing my Mercury MkII 5 speed bench drill and I need to get a drive belt for it; it was 'fitted' with an A section

1080mm belt but that's clearly wrong as the pulleys are for a Z section belt. Does any one know the correct size of belt for this drill? I don't really want to go the T link or Powertwist belt route as I'd most likely need to buy 2 x 1m to get the correct length and that's rather pricey! TIA, Martin
Reply to
Martin Whybrow

To answer my own post in case anybody else ever needs to know; I obtained a

10mm x 1025mm belt from the local car parts place and it fits with the adjustment in the middle of the range. Hopefully the 10mm belt isn't too far off a Z section belt in size, it's certainly closer than the A section that was on there before! Martin
Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Just for future reference go here:

Any length any section, mail order and normally next day delivery. I've saved money and time using them for belts for mowers, machinery and cars over the years. I've often just cut the old belt to facilitate measurement and because the belts are so cheap often order 3 - best guess, one size up and one size down.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Martin, I bought a belt from these people:-

Total: GBP 5.57

I haven't fitted it yet but it seems to be the correct profile but it may be a tad short.

These people do Startrite spares:-

They quoted me £12.09 + VAT + P & P for a belt, part number B02152. They also supplied a free pdf of the manual which has the part numbers and diagrams. Very useful.

Roy

Reply to
elj221c

Thank you so much for posting that link, it would have saved me a lot of bother if I'd been able to find that before I started the refurb job. Presumably you need to call them to identify the parts as I couldn't find a parts list, just the drawings. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Martin, Sorry for the late reply. Been away all week. ;-)

Send a mail to this chap and I am sure he will oblige with a pdf. If not, send me a PM.

Mike Cooper

Mike [ snipped-for-privacy@machinespares.net]

Tel. ++44 (0) 870 870 2550

elj221c

Hi, I know its a long shot but after contactig machine spares for parts for my mercury mk11 startrite drill I was unable to get a pdf manual is it possible for you to help in this regard many thanks Paul.

url:

paul marshall