Drive Belt for Microlux Drill

Hi,
Does anybody here know the specification for the drive belt on the
Microlux Drill Press? My belt exploded and Micro Mark wants $8.50 for
a new one (reasonable), but they also want $8.95 to ship it to me
(very unreasonable). This belt could be put in an envelope and
shipped first class for less than fifty cents! Call me cheap but I
think they're nuts. I'm sure I can find something close elsewhere.
Anybody got clues?
--Max
Reply to
Max Krippler
----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Krippler" Newsgroups: rec.models.scale Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:46 PM Subject: Drive Belt for Microlux Drill
Max, I've got no idea what your belt is like, but I have a box full of rubber dive belts from my previous career as a stereo repair guy. If your belt isn't fiber re-inforced, I might have one in your size. Loop a string around the pulleys that your belt used to ride on to get the length. Find a piece of the old belt to get the width and thickness.
Doug
Reply to
Doug Wagner
hey doug, anything for old aiwa tp 703's? be glad to buy them. i really need the slip belts for fast forward. they slide when loose and grab when tightened. some sort of fabric. i have seven, if you like those. i also have 3 uhers, 2 stereo. the mono and one stereo work. and a aiwa tp 1001. works but needs tighter belts.
Reply to
someone
You can measure. The length is what the belt would measure if cut and laid in a straight line. If they are stretched, then a little art is required on my part.
Reply to
Doug Wagner
they are cool. they are the same diameter as their counterpart rubber or plastic but are like tiny coils of springs. so intead of wearing out like fabric or rubber, they last a very long time. i may be calling them the wrong name.
Reply to
someone

Site Timeline