Steel Balls

Any suggestions in the uk preferably mail /internet order

3.5mm size

Thanks Andrew Bishop

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Would any other close size do?

The site below has 3mm & 4mm, plus other odd sizes up to 22mm at quite reasonable prices, around £0.65p per 100 for 3mm.

Unfortunately they don't have 3.5mm listed.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Thats my problem they must be 3.5 mm

Thanks anyway

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Maybe try asking this seller:

cheers, Rob

Reply to
Robbus

Just having the SKF catalog beside: They do list 3.5mm balls. They are called "RB-3.5". Maybe that helps googling for a dealer.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Have you tried a bearing/ transmission house, such as Wyko/Fenner or BSL? They'll get commonly used sizes in to order, you might have to buy at least 10.

Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

Try your local bearing factor (yellow pages or EYP). People like Bearing Services Ltd can normally get things they don't stock in 24 hrs.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Buy 100, they cost very little. My dealer wouldn't sell me 10. For 4mm or the like, I pay maybe 10.- EUR.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

thats a job for monday

Thanks

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Peter, thanks for sharing that ... I'd not come across them before... and have just spent an interesting hour browsing through their list of stuff...

Edumacashun looks to be a bit moar fun th'n when ah woz lad... we didn't get all them toyz to play wiv in class, all we got woz lathes 'n millers 'n forges ' n 'ammers'n stuff.

The emphasis certainly seems to be on 'fun' these days if the range of items they are offering teachers is anything to go by.

Ian

Reply to
ticktock

Hi Andrew, i will look tommorow to see i if i have what you need, goo

job they are not bigger, as Basil said to Sybil, you will have to stic them back on dear, Dav

-- DCree

this thread:

DCreed

Hi Andrew, no luck, sorry mate, 3/16th dia and upwards, Dav

-- DCree

this thread:

DCreed