Steel Balls

Any suggestions in the uk preferably mail /internet order
3.5mm size
Thanks Andrew Bishop
Reply to
Andrew Bishop
Would any other close size do?
The site below has 3mm & 4mm, plus other odd sizes up to 22mm at quite reasonable prices, around £0.65p per 100 for 3mm.
Unfortunately they don't have 3.5mm listed.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
Thats my problem they must be 3.5 mm
Thanks anyway
Andrew
Reply to
Andrew Bishop
Maybe try asking this seller:
cheers, Rob
Reply to
Robbus
Just having the SKF catalog beside: They do list 3.5mm balls. They are called "RB-3.5". Maybe that helps googling for a dealer.
Nick
Reply to
Nick Mueller
Have you tried a bearing/ transmission house, such as Wyko/Fenner or BSL? They'll get commonly used sizes in to order, you might have to buy at least 10.
Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
Reply to
Tim Leech
Try your local bearing factor (yellow pages or EYP). People like Bearing Services Ltd can normally get things they don't stock in 24 hrs.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Minchin
Buy 100, they cost very little. My dealer wouldn't sell me 10. For 4mm or the like, I pay maybe 10.- EUR.
Nick
Reply to
Nick Mueller
thats a job for monday
Thanks
Reply to
Andrew Bishop
Peter, thanks for sharing that ... I'd not come across them before... and have just spent an interesting hour browsing through their list of stuff...
Edumacashun looks to be a bit moar fun th'n when ah woz lad... we didn't get all them toyz to play wiv in class, all we got woz lathes 'n millers 'n forges ' n 'ammers'n stuff.
The emphasis certainly seems to be on 'fun' these days if the range of items they are offering teachers is anything to go by.
Ian
Reply to
ticktock
Hi Andrew, i will look tommorow to see i if i have what you need, goo
job they are not bigger, as Basil said to Sybil, you will have to stic them back on dear, Dav
this thread:
DCreed
Hi Andrew, no luck, sorry mate, 3/16th dia and upwards, Dav
this thread:
DCreed