Stupid question

The axminstr came with a reverse tumbler gear should this be fitted all the
time also what is the recommended play between the change wheel gears for
best wear features,? the instruction book is worse than useless.
Regards
Col
Reply to
Colin Murray
Set up change wheel spacing by a bit of ornery A4 computer paper between the teeth.
Reply to
Airy R Bean
I didn't make my last question very clear. the reverse tumbler gear is in addition to the gears already fitted Col
Reply to
Colin Murray
I assume that's so you can cut left-hand threads ? ie, with lathe rotating normally, the saddle moves left to right rather than right to left.
NC.
Reply to
NC
Thats correct NC for left hand threading, but is it supposed to be fitted only when cutting LHT's Col
Reply to
Colin Murray