USA Rule

Found out why the Yanks missed Mars and invaded Iraqi instead.

Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

That explains why our mile is longer than theirs then ...

Reply to
Alan Marshall

I thought it was 'cos this guy choked on a pretzel and they misunderstood what he said

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Maybe you're thinking of our gallon. Our miles are the same.

-- Dave Baker

***
Reply to
Dave Baker

Nautical Mile ( int ) =1.8520 km Nautical Mile ( UK)=1.853184 km Mile ( statute ) = 1.609344 km

Since Americans and English men have both agreed that an inch is 25.4mm exactly, our miles must be 63360 inches long, and the same.

I belive that the American inch was adjuster by a trivial amount to harmonise the inch, and it's possible the mile was also slightly different then.

Regards Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes