Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Back again!
Hi! I'm online again. Well kind of online, because I have to struggle with an analogue modem to go online. But hopefully that changes to a DSL-connection supposed the German Telekom (we call them...
19
19

imperial screwcutting on metric lathe
Newbie here Hello , Been a lurker for a while and enjoyed the posts ,My shop activities have lead me into a problem that i am sure there is an easy ish answer too .............. Need to cut a Imperial...
62
62

A boring question
I have an antique cast iron Coalbrookdale well pump which I want to get working but the bore in which the plunger operates is corroded. A picture of the body, with dimensions, can be seen at: bore is...
10
10

123 blocks
Some while ago I bought some 123 blocks from RDG. These have been used for parallels, raising blocks etc up to now. The other day I needed to square up some Ally blocks and wanted to bolt two blocks...
17
17

Anybody tried using an induction hob for heat treating?
Since Lidl have got 2kW induction hobs on offer for £30, What are the chances that one could be used or modified do something useful? Possibly a new coil could be reverse engineered and any...
20
20

Old lathe
Hi, Does someone recognize this lathe by any chance? I am digging through all of them at A shortcut would be very helpfull ;-) The label says Stokvis Rotterdam, but I somehow have the idea it's UK or...
7
7

FA (UK Only) 80 off Stepper and Synchronous motors
Hi, I am having a clearout and am selling a bunch of steppers etc (some with gearboxes) on eBay. Auction ID is 250341453440 or can be found at : . Currently standing at the absolute bargain initial...
1
1

Google Network Jops Booking Have

Cutting Aluminium
M'ning All, My brain is on the way out..but years ago we used to use a saw blade in a DeWalt radial Arm saw to cut aluminium, there was also a stick "wax" to lubricate the blade. Could be antipodean...
4
4

Cross slide screw
I currently have my carriage off my Viceroy to fit a stepper on the crosslide. Should be up and running today to nearly complete the installation of my ELS In the process I recognised that the...
1
1

OT: Financial Reality
Feeling a little peeved that I can=92t even give the Atlas lathe away and being very partial to a good Cornish pasty, to make me feel better I thought I would ring the best shop I know in Tintagel to...
16
16

RE Blastpipe.co.uk
As Lester`s original thread was getting a bit long,I thought I would start again up here. I have submitted my site for publication and if published will let the group know if any enquiries come...
1
1

Decent Drill Chuck
I want to buy a 13mm drill chuck to use on a MT2 arbor with my lathe and mill. I have a couple already, acquired second hand. One made by CAV has TIR measured 10mm from the jaws on a ground 10 mm...
11
11

'Jobbing' shops
Following up on my previous request for some help, I've been doing a lot more digging around and have come to one conclusion. We don't have any small engineering shops left .... I found a local...
53
53

Cut knurls
I was at a CNC machine supplier the other day and noticed some Hommel and Keller knurling tools. These were "Cut" knurls giving swarf removal as opposed to "form" knurls. The knurling wheels are set...
4
4