Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

paper / Polyester complex
I am searching a manufacturer of paper / PET complex, with a total thickness of about 50 microns. Ideally the paper should be quite resistant to paraffinic oil migration. Can anyone help? Thanks,...

softening nylon 6/6
I need a mopst efficient way to soften nylon 6/6 without changing any of its properties. These are small dowels with .0.018" deep grooves around them and they are supposed to lock into brass tubing...
7
7

Mylar brand name buried?
I hear Mylar name has ben dropped from polyester products in favor of Melinex (Teijin Films). I can't find any evidence of this. It makes sense dropping one since there would be two general brand...
5
5

UV Stabilization of Polyamides and Crystallinity
I am a new member to this group and found the past comments most interesting. Polyamide UV stabilization has been a dominant issue over the last five years in both textile or fibers area and in the...
2
2

help me
Hi i have to find the relationship between microstructure and modulus & strenght in all material . is there a relation between structure and modulus & strenght for all material? thank for U.
2
2

please review new website about plastics & polymers
We just open a website about polymers manufacturing and interested of your opinion http://plastics.turkavkaz.ru/
7
7

Isothermal DSC on PHB
Hi, I'm doing a PhD in the properties of PHB, and having great difficulty in getting anything like reproducible isothermal traces from the DSC. Have tried using a cooler unit, but the degradation of...
6
6

INNOVATIONS
Welcome to Euresis! New ideas! New opportunities! New people! GLOBAL NETWORK OF INNOVATIONS GROUP connects science with business and industry. GLOBAL NETWORK OF INNOVATIONS GROUP connects business...

Japanese TPU suppliers
I'm looking for some Japanese polymer (TPU) suppliers? If you know some suppliers. dont' hesitate
1
1

rubber mixing
dear all, i am searching for rubber mixing articles. there sombody who could help me? I am looking for a web address were i can find the articles. thanks in advance, best regards, Giuliano Bruno
2
2

polymer candidates
Hey Can any one tell me what are polymer candidates and what are acidic and basic polymers Thanks!
4
4

Heitec "starline"
Hi, I am considering using the new "Starline" Nozzle from Heitec in a new mold with 16 cav. I want to use 4 4 cav. nozzles. The material is PC and the part weight is about 0,8 g (12,8 g for all). It...

Celulose polymer blends?
Hi All, I am wondering if anyone has some knowledge regarding blending of cellulose polymers, particularly blends of cellulose acetate/butyrate with cellophane(cellulose xanthate)? I am particularly...
1
1

corona treaters
Dear All, Hope this is not considerd crossposting, but if so...my apologies. In the R&D lab at which I'm working, we develop solvent-borne acrylics. These are used as adhesives. From time to time our...
1
1

Advice Please: Mini-Machines
Is there some sort of mini-lathe or mini-mill I can get that would help me in creating/shaping small parts? I'll be using plastic as well as metal stock, and don't know if there are small machines...
2
2