Anomalus polyamide?

Hi, could anyone give me an information to identify a polymer melting at 285°C? It was found in PA 6.6 granules, I think it is a PA derived copolimer, coming from some problem in polimerisation process. Thanks in advance luigi

Reply to
luigi

Could perhaps be a contamination of DSM's Stanyl* PA46 ..

"luigi" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c4se22$lqh$ snipped-for-privacy@lacerta.tiscalinet.it...

Reply to
Rolf Wissmann

Hi Luigi,

Did you made an FTIR to identify the foreign material?

How does the material burn? did you identify it as a PA type?

If it is a derivate normaly you will hardly see something with this tests

Have you checked out if there is a filler (make a TGA) and what type the filler is (use a microscope)) (perhaps it is mixed with the wrong type?)

Did you check it by DSC?

I you have a derivate you should find changes in the cristality and in the glass transition

Michael I am not a bug I am a undocumented feature

Reply to
Michael Erwerle

Thanks for your interest in this time I received an answer from supplier: it is a PA46 contamination ... luigi

"Michael Erwerle" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m26.aol.com...

Reply to
luigi