Bonding Conundrum

I am attempting to "chemically" bond a Carboxylated Nitrile latex to a Film of Vulcanised Nitrile with limited success. I am assuming that the surface functionalities are now somewhat limited on the vulcanised film and hence the true bond capability is restricted. I can achieve "a reasonable level of sticktion" but the coating can be peeled and etched away relatively easily. Can anyone please suggest an appropriate chemistry in which a Vulcanised Nitrile can be successfully bonded to by "preferably" - an aqueous born polymer? Thankyou.

Reply to
Paul

Sounds like a used condom. I get mine behind the liquor store dumpster Sunday mornings.

You're welcome.

Dunty Porteous,

1959 Recipient of the Prestigious Y-Chromosome Award

-- "Attempted murder. Now honestly, what is that? Do they give the Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?"

-Sideshow Bob

Reply to
Dunter Powries

He's talking about VULCAN BONDING, numb-nuts! Can't you READ?

That's like on Star Trek when Spock goes into a sex frenzy once every

18 years.

I have to admit though I am not 100% following this, something about wrapping the Vulcan up in plastic, I think. I'm not all up on this kinky shit.

Reply to
Joe Cosby

Guys?

Reply to
Joe Cosby

You might want ot try wiping the vulcanized sheet with a solvent to help tackify the surface.

Larry Effler

Reply to
Larry Effler