bonding silicone rubber to urethane

Hi all,

I'm looking for an adhesive to bond silicone rubber to a urethane film.

Does such a product even exist?

Regards,

Tim

Reply to
Tim

You can get silicone rubber to stick to most substrates after a fashion.

What form is the rubber in? LSR, RTV, sheet etc. Do you know if it's addition or condensation cured? Also, what are the conditions that the bond will have to stand up to once made? Heat, water etc.

Reply to
<simonjkay

It's an addition cure LSR (Pt catalyst).

it would need to withstand some shear and some tension. water proof would be nice. heat.. maybe 40 C or so. i don't see anything over

45-50 C tho.

I've tried putting the LSR onto some urethane and letting it cure, but it peels off without much effort.

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Tim,

Shouldn't be too much of a problem to get a half decent bond.

Drop me an email to my personal address and I'll forward you more details of techniques.

Rgds,

Reply to
<simonjkay