Electrical conducting clothing

Dear reader,

At this moment I am looking for some sort of fabric that can be used to detect contact with an electrical loaded object. For instance...a piece of clothing that can detect if a ball that is charged with +5V made contact. The only thing that has to be detected is that contact was made. It is important that the fabric can be used to create shirts and other pieces of clothing and that the fabric can be washed with not too many problems. Is there something like this available on the market?

Kind regards,

Stijn de Koning

Reply to
Stijn de Koning

Would the clothing that is worn by fencers be a possibility?

John

Reply to
John Spevacek

I own a rather cool pair of carbon fibre filimented trousers. They are normally used as a static reduction agent in clean room environments. In theory their is nothing to stop a combination of woven cloth made from carbon fibre with the occasional metal filament in the weave.

I also found this which is a different way of achieving a similar result

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Tweddle