Need suggestion about PVC book & extrusion die design

I am going to work in a plastic company as an engineer. I have been a rubber engineering for some years, but I don't know much about PVC extrusion process. I am wondering if some one can recommend some good books about PVC formulation & extrusion die design. Thanks!

Reply to
Lily Liu

I can't suggest any books, but the Society of Plastic Engineers publishes the Journal of Vinyl and Additive Technology, monthly, so that you can stay on top of the latest and greatest.

John

Reply to
John Spevacek

Ooops! It's a quarterly journal.

John

Reply to
John Spevacek

The best thing you can do is get the three volume set of the Encyclopedia of PVC, Leonard Nass editor, Marcel Dekker publisher. It's not cheap, but its the ultimate PVC reference containing information from resin manufacturing to starting point application formulations. Since you come from the rubber side consider it a combination of the "Blue Book" and R. T. Vanderbilt's Rubber Guide for the PVC industry.

Larry Effler

Reply to
Larry Effler