Plastics food contact approval form for EU

Wonder what a plastics manufacturer's form would look like. I'm familiar with FDA and trying to familiarize myself with EU. Any guidance would be appreciated. I already have reference to Directive 2002/72/EC. Thanks, Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Hi Frank,

looks like EU-regulations on plastics food contact are still pretty complex and not finalized yet.You can find some "Plastics Recommendations" and databases at:

with reference to some guidance at:
where you can also find a "model data sheet".

regards, Rolf

"Frank Logullo" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C5IRd.1258$ snipped-for-privacy@newshog.newsread.com...

Reply to
Rolf Wissmann

Rolf, Thanks. I sent you a separate email. Cursory glance looks like complete package for introduction of new substances. It appears that EU considers direct contact but I wonder if they include lesser restrictions on package adhesives etc were contact is not as direct and there are no extraction requirements. Lot of polymers are used in combination with other ingredients in such end uses and extraction of base polymer does not reflect extraction of final product. Cheers, Frank

Frank Logullo