Biologically Inspired Robots: Serpentile Locomotors and Manipulators

I'm looking for the following book that is out of print:

"Biologically Inspired Robots: Serpentile Locomotors and Manipulators" by Hirose, Shigeo

Please email me if you have a copy that you can sell.

Thanks, Danh snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
dttworld

Thanks. I'm trying to build a robot snake like the ones at

. The builder makes reference to Hirose, Shigeo. Here's another site that used the algorithm from Hirose:
The first site definitely has a much more realistic snake movement. It's actually a bit spooky. Any references to the algorithm would be appreciated. I have already searched citeseer for papers with some o.k. results.

Danh

DS wrote:

Williams at Amazon.com. He has some reptilian robots to build yourself.

Manipulators"

Reply to
dttworld

Manipulators"

I have some links marked for tracking down used books, but they don't turn up Hirose's book ... a local university library may be your best bet ...

I also have some links posted to modular and snake-like robots that might be of some help ...

Also includes links to Hirose's home site with some theory ...

- dan michaels

Reply to
dan