Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Polymer - Databases on the web?!
Hello everybody, I am looking for Polymer market information on the web. Information from previous polymer publications(Magazines, journals ane evreything else). Please let me know of companies who...
1
1

liquid injection molding silicone gel
As the subject line indicates I was wondering if such a silicone as this exists? I've done some searching but to no lowest durometer LIM silicone I've found and used has a shore A durometer of 5. I...

Injection molding grade for food pakage
Dear, We want to develop food pakage which should have the oxygen barrier like EVOH and higher heat deflection temperature above 284 deg.F(140 deg.C) Does anyone recommend injection molding grade?...

ABS adhesive failures
A customer of mine, who is also one of the top plastics fabricators in the country, just purchased quite a large quantity of Spartech ABS sheets, .236 x 4 x 8 black, utility grade with a virgin top...
5
5

Re: Gels in HDPE
What size gel particles are you looking for? At a 1000x, you will be looking at an area that is less than 0.1 mm in diameter. There would have to be a lot of gel present, or you would have to examine...
3
3

COF / slip problems
Greetings! I have been tracking material throughout our plant (we are a films producer for the food industry) and I have noticed certain disturbing characteristics. At extrusion our films have good...
1
1

PET bottles scrap
Hello, I'm a student at the Material Engineering Department and I'm writing a technical report on the following issue: " PET bottles Scrap and its potential reuse". I am trying to find answers for...
4
4

ITO coated "rigid" plastic
Hello Are there any suppliers of ITO coated plastic sheets which are thick (>1mm) and rigid? I found several suppliers of ITO coated flexible plastics, but I couldn't find anybody who supplies thicker...

styrene in paints and coatings
My team is investigating the use of styrene in oil and acrylic paints and coatings from the 1940s to present. Patent and literature searches are underway, but we have found little information...

Environmental stress cracking
Hi There, I have a nylon pivot which has suffered brittle failure in a bathroom environment. The peice is a hollow cylinder diameter 14mm with a 3mm wall. This peice cannot be made to fail with an...
2
2

Re: curing
Hi Sameera.. first i have to know what you mean with "chemistry of the polymer while curing". Then i'd like to know what polymer you are referring to. With certain resins, the amount of pressure will...

Re: poluchloroprene
DuPont Dow Elastomers, EniChem and Showa Denko all produce polychloroprene. Larry Effler marco wrote:

Re: UV Coating of CAB
Corona or flame treatment are some easy options that should work with any film. However, I am worried about how well this will work. If there is already a coating, that coating does not seem to have...
2
2

Energy absorption of foam
Hi, I am faced with a little problem. I have a pyramid (or another shape) in foam. I know its impact compression (stress-strain curve) and as a consequence the energy it can absorb. Now, the problem:...
3
3

Flexural rigidity n flexural modulus
what is the difference between flexural rigidity n flexural modulus ?
1
1