Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

irradiated wood?
Some decades ago, research somewhere was done on the effect of heavy ionizing radiation on wood and/or cellulose. Some results seemed to point to the generation of plastic-like material from...
2
2

Re: Creating Forming Styrofoam (dinnerware like) Parts??
FOSECO make custom lost foam patterns. Tooling isn't cheap. Price based on volume. Expect to pay $20K plus for tooling depending on the complexity of your pattern. You could try pouring urethane into...
3
3

Polycarbonate
I need to glue or bond two pieces of polycarbonate forms together. The bond needs to be very strong since it will carry considerable loads. Is there a procedure or a strong gluing or bonding method...
6
6

polyimide formula
hi would someone be so kind as to tell me what the chemical formula of polyimde (vespel) is. an internet search produces c22h10n2o5 from some sources and c22h10n2o4 from other sources (which seem...
2
2

Looking for a simple stretching device used in stress relaxation test
as subject I'm looking for that device. Have someone know this kind of device and where can I find it? not as big as Instron the clamping force ranged 0~150N is enough I just wanna make a constant...
1
1

Measurement of dose C-black in plastics
Hello, Can somebody give me a method for a quantitative determination from carbon black in plastis (platicized pvc) ? Best thanks, Jean
1
1

Re: EVA (ethylene-vinyl acetate ) toxicity Off-gassing?
I think you need to define toxins. Most of us would not consider PVC to off gas toxic products. What chemical species are you concerned about? Larry Effler joe wrote:
3
3

UV sensitizers for higher shelf-life and water miscible for photopolymerisation
We don't know where we can get UV SENSITZERS for polyvinyl alcohol/polyvinyl acetate. Does anyone know where can get these sensitizers particularly in small quantities?

Fluoropolymers for Architectural Coatings
I'm told that fluor ethylene vinyl ethers (FEVEs) are the best bet when you want long term (30 year) fade resistance. I need something with zero-little maintenance requirements. I just couldn't get...
13
13

Non-toxic, non-offgassing non-slip tiles/mats?
Most of the non-slip mats I can find out there are made of either PVC or vulcanized rubber. Can anyone point me in a direction where i might find floor coverings that are durable, non-stick and won't...
1
1

daughter's drop radius
I seek a mathematical expression, that give me the daughter's drop radius in function of the deformation rate along the time. I sought in all the books and articles that I have access, without...

Re: Polypropylene
DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimetry) would maybe be your best bet, look for a melting peak at around 165 deg C.
1
1

Re: How to etch the rubber particles in the ethlyene propylene rubber (EPR) for SEM ?
crystalline I have no experience in heptane/xylene etching I'd recommend trying either permanganic etching (Olley, Hodge and Bassett, 1979, 176, 627 or Olley and Bassett, Polymer, 1982, 23, 1702) or...

TPE by melt compounding?
Where can I find basic formulations for polymer mixing by melt compounding? I tried google, but I did not succeed, maybe I used bad keywords, I appreciate your hints or tips. Thanks, Bernd
7
7

Re: EVOH oxygen barrier
Hi, Dave, As I understand it, the packing of the polymer chains in EVOH is such that there are no spaces through which the oxygen molecules can pass. It is a physical barrier rather than a chemical...
3
3