Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Gamma radiation of PTFE
I know that PTFE does not withstand gamma radiation. There are a lot of sources or handbooks that mention that. However, I am hard-pressed to find the quantitative effect that gamma radiation has on...
2
2

less toxic alternative to dissolve PMMA
hi! Which of the solvents (THF, chloroform, MEK, acetone) that are use to dissolve PMMA is less toxic? or is there any other less toxic alternatives? can a mixture be made between toxic and less toxic...
3
3

pKa of a polymer
I am new to polymers, and i wonder if polymers have pKa, of if there is a way to estimate it. If so, I am interested in knowing the pKa of PEI (polyethyleneimine). Can I find a list of polymers with...
1
1

solvents to dissolve PMMA or to form a paste
hi! I'm working on a project to find a suitable solvent to dissolve PMMA or to form a paste or a suspension which the mixture will harden when added to an aqueous solution. This can be due to the...

Fluoroélastomères
Bonjour Comment puis je me fabriquer simplement un bouche -pore pour un revêtement en fluoroélastomères? La solubilisation du polymère avant réticulation est elle possible pour faire une sorte de...
1
1

pKa of a PEI solution
Polymers are not my field, and I have some questions that may sound stupid: - Do polymers have pKa? - How could I know the pKa of a PEI (polyehtyleneimine) solution? - Where could I find a list of...
1
1

Re: Plastic Leafspring?
Dave, Which grade of DELRIN did you try? How did the DELRIN fail: tension, flex fatigue, creep, chemical degradation, high temperature, was there a lubricant, abrasion, etc.? Regards, Ernie
3
3

conductive additive for blending with polypropylene
I need to blend PP with an additive to make the blend reactive to microwaves or high frequency. I know it is possible with carbon black, do you some other additives usefull for this application ?
3
3

Re: Chill roll cleaning systems
I don't have a solution, but will suggest that you be more careful in asking the question. Propylene monomer is a gas at room temperture since it boils at minus 49 C. Amide monomer does not have a...
3
3

poly consultant database?
Any suggestions on sites to search for finding contract polymer engineering consultants/chemists? In particular, looking for Thermoplastic Elastomer expertise in Northwestern US.

LPEI and crystaline H3PO4
Can anyone think of a non-aqueous cosolvent for linear polyethyleneimine and crystalline H3PO4? Thanks Morgen

Reaction time
Hello, assuming a simple solution polymerisation (batch): how can I estimate the appropiate reaction time? If I try to copolymerise differente acrylates I usually know the dissociation kinetics of the...
2
2

Biodegradable polymers and natural fiber
Hai, I'm a 4th year student in Materials Engineering and doing thesis on biodegradable polymers. What i would like to know are:- 1) Can you gave me a few list of biodegradable polymers that i can used...
1
1

lab that can measure oxygen transfer rate
Hi, I need to measure some gas (O2 and Argon) transfer rate, in other word diffusion rate, of several polymer films and foams. Does anyone know which lab can perform these tests for me? Thanks. Laura
2
2

Help finding a specific plastic tubing....
I am creating a product similar to Pixi Stick...remember those candy filled straws? I need a supplier of the plastic tubing. If I did my calculations correct, I need a supplier of tubing that is apx...