Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Source for Bakelite resin?
I want to play with this stuff. Does anyone know a good source for materials?

Puncture Strength Through Multilayer Films
While testing the puncture strength of various films, we have noticed that we can get different results depending on the side of the material we test. We use a method similiar to the astm puncture...
1
1

solvent for polyesteramide
Does anyone know a good solvent for polyesteramides ? If so, any knowledge (via measurement) whether all hydrogen bonds are broken in this solvent. Thanks Mark
4
4

FTIR-orientation measurements-formalism
im looking for feedback on angular-depended ftir absorbance. im trying to verify whether there are equations which corelate the angles of polarized (insident) light with the amount of light absorbed...
3
3

sheet stock suppliers?
hello. can someone recommend a supplier of small quantity of material for thermoforming applications? looking for common plastics such as PVC, PE , silicone etc. material should be in sheets in a...

brittle PEx pipe
Hello all! In my hands i have a few pieces of PEx-c pipe (electron ray cross linked polyethylene), which have been part of a ring main tube of a drinking water circuit (hot water). The pipes where put...
6
6

[PEEK]
Hi I'm searching for a method in order to stick PEEK on composite material. Do you know if heat treatment will be enough or should I use a surface treatment? Thanks by advance
4
4

Closed Cell Elastomeric Insulation
July 19, 2003 We are trying to find out the manufacturing processes in volved in the production of COLSED CELL ELASTOMERIC Thermal Insulation. This is used as insualtion on Air-conditioning pipes. Any...

PVP extrusion?
Hi, I'm interested in finding out if anyone has extruded Polyvinylpyrrolidone? If so, what conditions did you operate at. I tried to extrude PVP-K30 in a DACA Microcompounder at temperatures up to...

Thermoformable or injection moulding for high T resistant polymer ?
dear All, I'm looking for a plastic that can be thermoformable or injected, that can withstand let's say 100°C I feel that this heat resistant is opposite to thermoformable behaviour? And injection?...
6
6

Name that polymer
I'm looking for a polymer to use in a formulation I'm making. It must have a melting point of 80C or below, and must be somewhat soluble in water. Does anyone know of such a polymer?
2
2

Thin polymer film thickness measurement
I wish to measure the thickness of a polymer layer deposited on top of a plastic substrate. Does anyone know of any UK companies which can carry out thin film thickness measurements of this type?
4
4

polyvinyl alcohol from polyvinyl acetate glue
We live in the third world where to get polyvinyl alcohol in small quantities is very difficult. Does anyone know any way to formulate polyvinyl alcohol from emulsified polyvinyl acetate. This is the...
1
1

Re: microencapsulation of DBTL
Claude, There are numerous books and book chapters on Micro- and Nano-encapsulation. If you do a keyword search for "microencapsulation" in Google, you will get more information than you ever wanted....

OLEDs vs Nanotube Displays
So which will be the better video display technology? Nanotube displays or Organic Light Emitting Diodes? ?id=49264&type=News&ch=e4_homeThe 2 articles above each crow about the promise of these...
2
2