Ani

hi all,

do you know a way to convert a stl file into a pro/e part file? i could do it using shrikwrap but then if i try selecting a surface, just a triangle over that surface is selected. please help me in this. any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you aniruddha

Reply to
Ani

I think you would be able to do this if you had the REX, Reverse Engineering Extension. With that option available, a simple way to do this would be to do 'Insert>Restyle'. This creates a surface feature from the triangle data, one which can be modified with the Restyle tools. Of course, you could do it manually: string a bunch of vertexes together with curves through points and use those for boundary surfaces. There isn't much adjustment you can make as all the curves are tied to points on the STL file.

Reply to
David Janes

david,

thanks a lot for the advice. i will surely try to do it the way you suggest.

thanks aga> > hi all,

Reply to
Ani

if you have this kind of job to do on a regular base, you may want to consider some 3D translation software... e. g. look for Polytrans (Okino).

You will not get the advantages 8-) of a native proe part file through import of stl (triangulated mesh-net) file, though.

Walther

Reply to
Walther Mathieu