Controlling Part Color in A Family Table

Is there a way to control part color in a family table? I would like to be able to insert different colored parts into an assembly.

Thanks, Mr.B.

Reply to
Mr.B.

There is a mysterious 'other' in the family table that I've never figured out, could it be that?

Reply to
kenny

Is there a way to control part color in a family table? I would like to be able to insert different colored parts into an assembly.

Thanks, Mr.B. There are two techniques that I know of. The first involves quilts created on part surfaces, then given a color with Color and Appearances, then referenced in the family table. This is covered in detail in the Knowledge Base under TPI: 33241.

The second involves part material and the use of the parameter, PTC_MATERIAL_NAME and a .DMT file which links the material name to various colors and textures. This technique is outlined in the Knowledge Base article SPR: 1782554.

In addtion, the question has been asked (and answered) many time, though not recently. However, those answers are available by searching comp.cad.pro-engineer on Google Groups for "color family table".

David Janes

IIRC, the "Other" miscellany plays no role here. But the "mystery" can easily be dispelled by clicking on it.

Reply to
Janes