File import from other apps?

Hello,
I wonder if someone could illuminate a problem getting DXF files into PTC.
I need to tidy up some projects which will require the inclusion of 2d and
3d work, presented as dxf files, from various 3d modelling sources, and CAD
progs not from PTC.
Early trials have produced a lot of crashing, even with small files. My
inexperienced guess is that there may be different dxf file structures
involved.
Please, can anyone help?
Thanks,
HP
Reply to
HUGH PITT
And another thing to try:
You can open a DXF in a text editor, search for the ENTITIES section beginning and end. Delete everything except the ENTITIES section and its tags and try importing that.
Dave
Reply to
David Geesaman
Read the dxf file into Autocad
Export from Autocad as an ACIS file (*.sat)
Open the ACIS file in Proe.
Reply to
dakeb

Site Timeline