Pipe Threads

I was wondering how some of the other Pro/Users make NPT threads? In Pro/E

2001, there doesn't seem to be anything in the holes area, or not that I have found to make pipe threads. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Leo
Reply to
Leo Weeks

I created my own hole file for npt threads.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Yeah, we did the same thing, .hol files for NPT, and Helicoil thread both inch and metric, plus those funny European PG threads too. It's necessary if you don't want to watch a thousand warnings come at you in Pro/NC (tool bigger than hole, etc). We also edited the drill sizes down to minimize the total number of tools needed by finding commonality between different tap and clearance drills and picking a compromise tool.

The NPT threads surface is not tapered, unfortunately, but that doesn't really create any problems downstream.

Regards Pete

Reply to
Pete

Yeah, I've seemed to have noticed that cosmetic threads are not constructed parallel to the thread surface.

Reply to
Leo Weeks

Ok this is fine but why should we be the ones to do this when SolidWorks has this feature built in. I think that PTC should get off its big fat butt and create this feature for us. I have messed with this for quite some time now and have been unable to create this the way it should be. I will try this a few more times but I think the fastest way is to add the cosmetic thread to a tapered hole. I am sure if enough people tell PTC that this feature is needed that they will create it.

Reply to
Joe Ashurst