Search.pro problem

I've never experienced any problems with a search.pro file myself. Nor have any of my co-workers until just recently. One of our machine designers has a network drive mapped to be able to access another machine designer's files at a remote facility. The permissions to the files are wide open for the world--set by the creator of the Pro/E objects. The user that is experiencing failed assembly model retrievals has his config.pro file in his Pro/E startup drive/folder location. No problems there. And it has the 'search_path_file' option set to the same drive/folder--and points to the file named 'search.pro'. No problems there. With that said, could someone please provide me with some tips on what could possibly be causing the end user's assembly model retrievals to fail--due to certain assembly components not being found? Do the 'search.pro' file's entries have to be in alphabetical order? Any insight into why this guy is have this problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try and help him out since he's a new user.

Thanks all!

J. Perry

Reply to
J. Perry

Perry,

just a guess ... are there any spaces in the directory name/path? Those cause trouble again and again. Try to embrace your path with quotation marks (") within your search_path and also search.pro.

Tom

J. Perry schrieb:

Reply to
Dammerl

"J. Perry" schreef in bericht news:%7mNb.2131$ snipped-for-privacy@eagle.america.net...

Mr Perry, I think there are two other possibilities:

- Since there are only a few files which cannot be retrieved, it is possible that these files are placed in a location which isn't shared. Make a list of files that aren't retrieved and locate them...

- Make sure the entries in both of the search.pro files are in the same order! It doesn't mean alphabetical! Why? Because of the family-table instances. Also make sure that standard parts aren't duplicated (trouble, trouble, trouble...)

Gerard

Reply to
Gerard van de Schoot