swapping two columns (family table)

Does anyone know of a quick method to swap columns in a family table. (I like to keep my family table organized by dimension groups). Currently the fastest technique I have is when in the family table I press "Alt E", then "S". But I have to keep doing this though my whole family table. And since my family table has over 300 dimensions in it, it becomes a pain when I have to add a new dimension that belongs in a group in the front of the table and swap it all the way through.

Any input would be great.

thanks

Reply to
Michael Phipps

When you add something to your family table, mark the column after which you want you new column to be placed, then use the insert - button and select column. Your next choice will be placed in that column. If you already have a column in the wrong position, a long way from where you want, it is probably easier to delete the comlumn and then reintroduce it using this method, rather than swapping one by one.

hth

Bertil

"Michael Phipps" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Bertil Rogmark

With version 2001 you can export the table to an EXCEL spreadsheet and re-import it back to Pro/E. Within EXCEL, you have all kinds of regular EXCEL functionality (like switching columns, introduce some equations etc.). Have you tried that?

Tom

Michael Phipps wrote:

Reply to
Dammerl

Bertil,

thanks for the help, this was exactly what i was looking for. The method Tom mentioned with using excel has never worked for me as i have tried it in the past. Thanks again

Reply to
Michael Phipps

Hi again using excel is fine except for sorting columns. If you do that, when you reintroduce the family table into Proe you get a message: Change in sort order will be lost! Apparently Bill Gates is not the only one who enjoys screwing his customers!

"Dammerl" skrev i meddelandet news:bdomfl$75v$ snipped-for-privacy@nets3.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE...

Reply to
Bertil Rogmark