Wildfire 2.0 Support w/Windows NT4?

Hey all,

First post to this newsgroup here, though I've been reading it for quite a bit now and have found it very informative.

Recently, we received files that were saved in WF2 format and were unable to read them in WF. My boss had the new CDs and we started working on installing WF2.0 with the end result being that WF2 won't run on my system.

I am on Windows NT4.0 and the message I'm getting is:

xtop.exe - Entry point not found - The procedure entry point GetLongFileNameA could not be located in dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll.

If I'm understanding correctly, is this telling me that WF2 will not run in Windows NT4.0 at all now? I noticed on the PTC site that WF2 apparantly no longer supports NT4.0 after we had installed it, though I found noting in the documentation we got saying this ahead of time. Luckily, I've seen how this stuff works sometimes and left the old version of WF on my system too so at least I'm not dead in the water here =)

I just mostly want to confirm that this isn't some other kind of bug before I tell my boss for sure that we'll have to upgrade at least 2 of our seats to Windows XP. Can any of you guys confirm this because I couldn't find anything on the website about this error message.

Thanks, Michael

Reply to
Michael Putnam

Michael, here is a page on ptc.com that has tons of info on WF2, including platform support and hardware requirements. Look out for any patches that you might need for your platform.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes