Latest threads in PRO/Engineer (Creo) discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

radial numbers/letters patterned incrementally?
I have a disc and need to put numbers radially around the surface in numerical order. Is there any way to do this without creating a separate sketch for each number? For example: Dimension and sketch...
4
4

Dynamic on-screen movement of hinged assembly
Hi Im trying to figure out if its possible to move hinged assemblies on- screen by selecting & dragging the moving part of the assembly. I currently assemble the hinge with the standard commands, ie,...
3
3

Declare/Undeclare Layout in Pro MFG
Hi Guys, I thought I'd ask here before I start a project. Our core component is driven by a layout file. I would like to create an entire .mfg file with our design & stock components. I would create...

PADS TO PRO/E DATA TRANSLATION
This week, I pioneered another technique for getting data out of PADS and into Pro/e models. I needed the location of all the mounting holes for a bunch of DC-DC converter modules to make the mating...

Student Study - Career Change
I am looking for a career change after being made redundant. Very interested in moving into CAD - AutoCAD - and looking for any info on training - work - help - advice! Many thanks in advance, Neil.
1
1

How do I prevent parts passing through one another? Assembly
How do I prevent parts passing through one another? Assembly I have created a damper, the constraints that I have used are pin for the axis of the piston with the centre of the top part of the damper,...
1
1

Tiff file generation
I just thought I'd share something that might not be well-known to everyone. We use a document storage system to archive our drawings. (Only, no i-link or windchill, and we like it that way). Our doc...
2
2

Calculating length of a wire product
Take a U-shaped wire, bent from 10 mm O.D. stainless steel. You model it as a swept extrusion or a pipe (solid) and when finished, you calculate the required length to cut from your stock material,...
5
5

Wildfire 5 intent manager
I just read a blurb on another discussion engine noting that the intent manager will be on by default in wf5 and will not be able to be turned off. Anyone know the real story about this? I don't use...
8
8

WF 4 STUDENT EDITION
FWIW, since the production version of Wildfire 5 just came out, PTC is having a sale on the Student Edition: $89 for the full, 3-disk set. Only catch is you need to be a student. David Janes

Re: Test - How Fast is Your CAM System?
Because it's a canned DEMO ! Still nothing new, nothing that hasn't been around for quite a few years there Jon. Why are you so impressed with it now, all of a sudden? You do know this is nothing new,...
1
1

Simulations - What software is #1
Hello, I need to make a video similar to this: SIYuN9aDU What is the best method of accomplishing this? I currently use mechanisms to move components in my assemblies to show motions. From past...
6
6

BOM Structure
I am trying to create a bill of materials that will list the sub assembly that a component resides in. Most of the time I will have multiple sub assemblies under a main assembly. I would like this to...

Controlling Part Color in A Family Table
Is there a way to control part color in a family table? I would like to be able to insert different colored parts into an assembly. Thanks, Mr.B.
2
2

Splitting items in repeat region question
We have assemblies where the same part (M10 flat washer, for example) appears in more than one location. When making the assembly drawing by default they all lump together. I would like to split a...
7
7