2 PIC's 1 ceramic resonator?

Hello Guys Can I use one 3 pin ceramic resonator (20Hz) wired to 2 PICs, a 16F876 and a 16F877 or is it best to use a ceramic resonator on each PIC
?.... thanks....... Imma
Imma Roadrunner wrote:

Best to use a ceramic resonator each. Reduces power glitches.
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:44:13 GMT, the renowned Imma Roadrunner

Yes, you can use one, but I would not run the clock out line more than a couple of inches without buffering it. It also provides more chance for EMI to get in/out of your system, so try to run it over a ground plane.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany