AVG Version 8 Antivirus software loading web sites badly.

Looks like user feed back finally pushed AVG into fixing the LinkScanner Issues.

Are they too late? Many have already jumped ship.

Cheers Don...

Reply to
Don McKenzie

Heard similar elsewhere.

Have not upgraded from V7.5 and the updates are still coming in so far (so they must have a clue all is not well). If it's not fixed I will also jump ship. Avast seems to be well rated AIUI.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I removed AVG V8 and reloaded it without the website scanner. Now my DL/UL speeds are back to normal.

Potblak

Potblak

Why not just disable the scanner from within the AVG program?

Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

How tricky is it to spot the option ? I'm sure this must be where my neighbour went wrong.

Eventually he lost ALL IP connectivity.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Lol, that would be common sense. But lest just whinge about a free program, thats more fun.

Reply to
The Real Andy