AVG Version 8 Antivirus software loading web sites badly.

http://neowin.net/news/main/08/07/07/avg-fixes-antivirus-software-skewing-web-site-statistics http://www.avg.com.au/index.cfm?section=news&feature 4
Looks like user feed back finally pushed AVG into fixing the LinkScanner Issues.
Are they too late? Many have already jumped ship.
Cheers Don...
--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Don McKenzie wrote:

http://neowin.net/news/main/08/07/07/avg-fixes-antivirus-software-skewing-web-site-statistics
Heard similar elsewhere.
Have not upgraded from V7.5 and the updates are still coming in so far (so they must have a clue all is not well). If it's not fixed I will also jump ship. Avast seems to be well rated AIUI.
Graham
I removed AVG V8 and reloaded it without the website scanner. Now my DL/UL speeds are back to normal.

Why is this here? I thought I was in ACV or ACAV.

Why not just disable the scanner from within the AVG program?
--
Regards,
Richard.

Lol, that would be common sense. But lest just whinge about a free program, thats more fun.
Potblak wrote:

How tricky is it to spot the option ? I'm sure this must be where my neighbour went wrong.
Eventually he lost ALL IP connectivity.
Graham