REL: AVG Antivirus

I just upgraded to V7.x AGV Free (after being forced from 6.x). Guess
what..it's removed all of the icons from the desktop,
removed all of the desktop settings, reset all of IE6's settings, changed my
home page AND wiped all of the last 2 years
worth of emails from Outlook. In addition, there's no way to return to the old
settings and they don't include an uninstall.
Go somewhere else rather than upgrading unless you want to rebuild everything
manually.
R. Wink
Reply to
R. Wink
I need to follow up on this. I'm hollering wolf here. I didn't notice that AVG change my logged on person from "end user" to "administrator." After I logged off and logged back on as "end user" everything is as it should be..almost!! I don't have to rebuild much, just a couple of small things like screen settings..not to bad. Using Windows 2000, SP4 on a P4 box. R. W>I just upgraded to V7.x AGV Free (after being forced from 6.x). Guess what..it's removed all of the icons from the desktop,
home page AND wiped all of the last 2 years
settings and they don't include an uninstall.
Reply to
R. Wink
I upgraded and didn't have any problems...I find AVG to be one of the best anti virus programs out there! And it's free if you choose that option!
Steve P.
what..it's removed all of the icons from the desktop,
my home page AND wiped all of the last 2 years
the old settings and they don't include an uninstall.
Reply to
Steve
I too have used AVG for years and have installed it on countless machines. As far as I know, none have suffered from the update. In fact, it even cleans up the old version for you as it installs the new one. Not sure what hit your machine, but I don't think it was just the AVG.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany