Basic Stamps and ADC's

I'm trying to use a 10bit ADC with a BS2 in a project, and have had some trouble getting usefuly information. It's a TLC1549CP, and here's the code for it:

----------------------------------------------------- 'PINOUTS CS CON 2 'Chip Set DATALINE CON 3 'DO CLOCKPIN CON 1 'Clock

temp2 VAR WORD

temp2=0

NEW: low CS pause 10 shiftout DATALINE,CLOCKPIN,msbfirst,[temp2\10] high CS debug dec temp2,CR pause 100 goto NEW

I have a Ref+ and Vcc both going to +5, GND and Ref- going to, well, ground. DATALINE and CLOCKPIN are directly connected to their respective pins, and a 2.2kOhm resistor between the CS pin and the I/O pin.

All I'm doing is putting a 2.2KOhm resistor from 0V to analog in, and another 2.2KOhm res between that and +5. I've trying taking one or the other out to get high or low readings, but I always get 0 as a return.

Anyone have any experience that might be able to help me out?

Thanks in advance! Dave

Reply to
David Harper

David -

If possible, please use an o'scope to be sure your pulse timing is correct. I never used this device before, but the data sheet says - I only skimmed it - that chip select pin must be high on power up. If this condition isn't met, I don't know what will happen - you may need to pull it up high when you turn on the circuit. Also the data sheet shows a bunch of different modes based on timing.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Turnip

Perhaps the "shiftin" command would be more suitable here??

GtG

Reply to
Grog

LOL

yeah, that might do it. And it may require a shift out to set it up/initiate a conversion and transfer.

There have been some serial a/d's I have simply given up on ...

Reply to
Blueeyedpop