Cheapest data radios

Hey all,. I would like to find out what the best price one could get for any kind of data radio capable of more than 10Kb/s , either FM or AM (prefferably FM of course), even if you had to assemble it yourself. the best price I have found so far is 15$ for AM tx/rx pair. (15$ total for both, 22.5$ or so for FM when I checked) and from

I looked around and found I might be able to put together an FM pair for

13$ with some two chip designs but was looking for a single chip transceiver. I found a few, but the all seem to require too many discretes that make it more than the two separate modules if you have to buy the discretes at digi-key prices.
has some decent ones, but they cost too much in sample quantities.
Reply to
nos

Try going to this website:

have a 400MHz 200bps chipset for $10 each... Very easy to implement.

Reply to
Jose Cuervo

If you are in Ontario, Canada try

They have real cheap ones even in small quantities but you'll save if you make a bulk order. (we usually do a group order in our robotics club here in Ottawa

Take care,

Jose Cuervo wrote:

Reply to
Stephane Gauthier