Cheapest data radios

Hey all,. I would like to find out what the best price one could get for any kind of data radio capable of more than 10Kb/s , either FM or AM (prefferably FM of
course), even if you had to assemble it yourself. the best price I have found so far is 15$ for AM tx/rx pair. (15$ total for both, 22.5$ or so for FM when I checked) and from www.laipac.com.
I looked around and found I might be able to put together an FM pair for 13$ with some two chip designs but was looking for a single chip transceiver. I found a few, but the all seem to require too many discretes that make it more than the two separate modules if you have to buy the discretes at digi-key prices. www.chipcon.com has some decent ones, but they cost too much in sample quantities.
Try going to this website: http://home.att.net/~wzmicro/rf_xmitter_receiver.htm They have a 400MHz 200bps chipset for $10 each... Very easy to implement.

of
for
for
If you are in Ontario, Canada try www.laipac.com. They have real cheap ones even in small quantities but you'll save if you make a bulk order. (we usually do a group order in our robotics club here in Ottawa (www.ottawarobotics.org))
Take care,
Jose Cuervo wrote:

they look a lot like the ones from www.laipac.com ...... that's the third mention in this thread of the same modules, and I've seen them being resold elswhere, too (at more than laipac sells them at). and did you see the "ming transmitter" on the site? at 12$ American, presumably ? then look at the schematic.........

of
discretes