Daventech SD20 IC Controller

Hi All, Has anyone used this IC before ? http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R193-SD20.html
Looking at the sample code on:
http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/sd20tech.htm it appears (i am not exactly BASIC literate) that you need to control speed of the servo, programmatically, with your master controller doing the "stepping" and sending down incrememnted positions via i2c , as compared to other servo controllers that allow you to send, via serial commands, both the position and speed.
Just wondering if I missed something such as the chip has a little bit more intelligence in it (setting speed also) then what appears ? Thanks. John LeClair
Doh doh doh.... Just answered my own question. I am just starting to get used to the new dejanews format, and noticed there was a similar post a ways back. The SD20 does not have speed control settings on it. Sorry.