Do we need a better robotics internet site?

I was thinking about this, there are LOTS of robotics sites out there, and they all have their particular objectives. The problem is finding them.

Is there a site that allows one to register their robotics site and provide links? It would be kind of cool, I know I would love a site like this.

Does anyone know of such a site, if not does anyone what to build it with me? We could set up htDig to search all the sites, showcase various projects, it my be kind of cool.

Reply to
mlw

I like Stephen Rainwater's

Randy M. Dumse
1)videos of robots 2)homepages "showcasing" peoples projects 3)programming

---PID

---vision

-----line detection

-----shape detection

-----obect recognition

-----face recognition

-----vision aided navigation

---navigation

4)motor control (list of prices, power handling ability, extra features)
Reply to
aiiadict

IMO, if someone is going to take the effort to develop this depth of information they won't just give it to another Web site to publish. Many (and more all the time) of these Web sites are ad-based, and the ad revenue is not shared with the contributors. If you've got a great robotics story to tell, why give it to someone else? People like tooting their own horns, and they like the control of having their own pages. Sites like robots.net will remain as a general-purpose showcase of what's out there.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

Why don't these great sites just make themselves part of the robotics webring?

Two other people have mentioned other portal-ish sites.

Having that information all-too conveniently at your fingertips would take some of the fun out of it, IMO. I've been googling several inter-related topics for years now, and I love the tingle of excitement when I find a site I haven't seen before, that contains some litlle gem of info that I find of prticular interest, or that answers some niggling firmware question I've been wrangling with.

TTFN, Tarkin

Reply to
Tarkin

-Steve