Interesting project on ebay...

    --Wish I could afford this puppy; what fun to make it autonomous! :-) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemU96708699&category 68&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Just another fart in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : the Elevator of Life...
Hum...
This begs a whole lot of questions. Some perhaps more interesting than others.
For instance... What happens when it falls over? What happens to the driver when it falls over?
And why not consider making something a little smaller that can at least fit in a pickup?
Me, I start to complain when the bot gets above 30 pounds!
Then there are a whole lot of technical questions.
One thing I would say for sure... This guy must be one hell of a welder!
DOC

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemU96708699&category 68& ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1
    --Agreed. I'd pay for a set of plans so's I could scale it down and make something workable, portable, affordable, etc...
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Just another fart in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : the Elevator of Life...
have you guys actually taken a good look at that machine? It is way overcomplicated. Nice welding job, but the engineering is questionable in my opinion.
an email to the designer gets amusing responses. He is quite proud of himself, and quick to put others' ideas down. His communication skills are lacking. I think this may be the reason he is selling the mech-man. He can't charm or convince investors, so he is hoping to sell his "prototype", which does NOT walk, but falls over when attempting to.
Jen
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

I've read about this guy. I figured it was just a matter of time before he gave it up. He seems to have more ambition than knowledge. Sort of like me.
I figured he would just give up on it, it IS too complex, especially for a neophyte.
I hope he keeps on experimenting though.
Joe
--
Mini ITX and other computer goodies:
www.brokenacres.rite2u.com