laptop computers for sale

Robot controllers?
I have Gateway 2000 266 mhz, 64 mb ram usb, parallel, serial, gameport, video in and out (capture, view tv on LCD, or view computer
screen on TV) large LCD (around 13-14 inch) no dead pixels audio in/out stereo built in speakers 2 pcmcia slots docking station
NO: Hard drive, battery, AC cord, CD, floppy
also micron 266 mhz 64 mb CD USB svideo in/out
best offer
Rich
Paperweights?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

not when you install linux, that hardware would run robots quite well, especially with a real-time os, like some versions of linux or qnx, several others. i would like something like that, but i have adequate machines for robot building and design, gumstix are what i'm looking at for the future though, and if i did get an old laptopfor a robot brain i'd tear it down first.

You're probably right. But hardware is so cheap these days, I wouldn't bother with systems this old. :)
jim dorey wrote:

well,
adequate
at