Library for laser acquisition in mapping problems. [Question]

Hello, I'm looking for a C or C++ library to manage laser scan acquisitions in a octree/quadtree data structure (for mapping). Anybody could give me some advice?

Thanks a lot,

Mauro

Reply to
Mallo Blenne

Hello Mauro,

You may want to ask that same question at the group called "alt.lasers". There's a lot of good laser people on that forum. Perhaps someone would be able to help you there. Also, maybe a group that is concerned with the C programming language.

Good luck in your quest,

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Thanks, I'll try ;).

Reply to
Mallo Blenne

Is this for profiling scanned objects, or mobile robot navigation. If the first, look up Marc LeVoy's work; for the second, look up Simultaneous Localization and Mapping, or SLAM.

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle