Microcontroller development environment with C/C++ compiler support for a freshman mechatronic student

No Probs
Guess what? I just enrolled in 343 Ad Dip Computer Systems Technology myself today! I hadn't planned to do computer systems specifically, but everone is
enrolled in the same course because first year is pretty much the same for all strands of the course. I might be able to email you some course materials as I come across them. Today I started C programming intro. I should knock it off in two or three weeks.
I am doing Electrical Principles 1, Control Programming Style ( intro C ), Operating Systems 1, and Industrial Computer Systems, plus some basic maths and other junk subjects. The course is taught mostly through online materials at the college or the Internet, so you can knock off the easy subjects in as little as a week or two.
Cheers
Dale

<Nico> wrote in message > What is the best (not expensive) microcontroller development environment

There is a free student version of the microchip 18f pic c compiler. Works with their mplab ide
<http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId 06&dDocName=en010014&part=SW006011>