Need Programable IR remote driven by usb port

I have a Robot ( ERnie ) running around my house. The eye for the robot is a SHarp Camcorder with a zoom lens.
I would like to zoom the camcorder lens under USB software control.
I can currently do this only with a handheld remote. If I could find a IR learning remote then I can train it from my existing camcorder remote. Then I just need to run an executable file to drive the USB port and drive the learning remote.
I think I could do this with an Adicon Ocelot, but that would be too bulky and expensive for this application.
Any ideas ? Steve
http://www.usbuirt.com

Steve,
Check out the USB-UIRT (www.usbuirt.com). For software check out IRCommand2 (www.wdpsoftware.com), which is basically a Windows-based universal learning remote. IRCommand2 supports macros and also has a COM interface allowing control from your own programs and scripts.
Joe